Badgers in the Landscape project - the launch in pictures
On Tuesday 23rd August 2016, representatives from various organisations and community groups came together at Chatelherault Country Park to celebrate the launch of the Lottery-funded 'Badgers in the Landscape' project. Our special guests were Dr. Lisa Cameron MP and Christina McKelvie MSP. Here's an account of the event in pictures:
Above: Official launch photo with Dr Lisa Cameron MP, Christina McKelvie MSP and representatives from South Lanarkshire Council, Scottish Wildlife Trust, Police Scotland, Scottish Badgers and project volunteers.
Above: Scottish Badgers Chairman Eddie Palmer welcomes guests to the launch.
Above: Project Officer Elaine Rainey outlines the aims of the project and the legacy we hope to leave in 2019.
Above: Dr Lisa Cameron MP and Christina McKelvie MSP join in on the lively discussion on badger persecution in the area.
Above: Scottish Badgers chairman Eddie Palmer chairs the discussion.
Above: Dr Lisa Cameron MP on a visit to a nearby badger sett, with representatives from Scottish Badgers.
Above: Christina McKelvie MSP chats with representatives from South Lanarkshire Council during a visit to a local badger sett.
Above: Project Officer Elaine Rainey demonstrating badger guard hair identification to Dr Lisa Cameron MP and Christina McKelvie MSP.
Above: Guests view collapses, spoil heaps and other features of interest at a local badger sett.
Above: Dr Lisa Cameron MP and Christina McKelvie MSP visit a local badger sett with representatives from Scottish Badgers, South Lanarkshire Council and Scottish Wildlife Trust.
And, of course, no project launch would be complete without a visit from our official project mascot!
Thanks to everyone who came along and all who have shown support for the project. Here's to the next three years of engaging, informing, inspiring and educating in South Lanarkshire! If you would like to know more or get involved, please contact the Project Officer. The full press release on the launch can be viewed here.
Badgers in the Landscape is a Scottish Badgers project based in South Lanarkshire, funded by Heritage Lottery Fund and Scottish Natural Heritage.
- 2017-05-30 Annual Conference 2017
- 2017-05-24 BADGER WEEK BLOG: Species Protection Coordinator Q&A
- 2017-05-19 Charities unite to celebrate badgers during Scottish Badger Week
- 2017-05-11 Announcing ... Scottish Badger Week 20th-28th May 2017!
- 2017-04-29 Silent Auction Belladrum Tartan Heart Tickets 2017
- 2017-04-26 Keynote Conference Speaker Announced
- 2017-04-24 Maternity Leave Project Officer Appointed
- 2017-02-23 Scottish Badgers attends 'The Future is Now' event at The Scottish Parliament
- 2017-02-23 Project Officer - Maternity Leave Replacement Post
- 2017-02-20 Voluteers needed to help out with Can collection at Dobbies, Perth June 4th & June 11th