Dates announced for Scottish Badger Week 2018
(Photo: Scottish Badger Week was launched last year at Falls of Clyde wildlife reserve with Colin Smyth MSP - Species Champion for the badger.)
Scottish Badgers and Scottish Wildlife Trust are pleased to announce Scottish Badger Week 2018. This week will run from Saturday 5 to Sunday 13 May and will include events, fundraising activities and a media campaign.
Our aim is to celebrate and raise awareness of this iconic species and the threats they face, including illegal persecution and road deaths. This year we are hoping to involve a range of organisations in this event to help ensure there are lots of ways to get involved around Scotland.
Host an event
In 2018 we are hoping to increase the geographical spread of activity and so, for the first time, we are calling on groups including ranger services and conservation organisations across Scotland to get involved by hosting their own Scottish Badger Week events.
Events could include:
- Talk on badgers (speakers may be available
- ‘Tracks, trails & signs’ walk
- Badger sett survey on your reserve
- Badger watch
- Trail camera session at a sett
- Sett checks on your reserve
- Junior tracking club
With help from other organisations we can achieve a much bigger impact and promote the conservation of badgers, their setts and natural habitats much further. We can help you publicise your event by providing a branded poster template, a separate event listing on our website, and through our social media channels.
We will be launching our events guide at the beginning of April. If you would like to be on board to run an event as part of Scottish Badger Week, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23 March:
Link for booking/ further information:
Can’t run an event?
We would also like to hear from you if you might be able to host a talk by a Scottish Badgers representative, or if your organisation would be willing to help us promote Scottish Badger Week through your social media channels.
Please get in touch if you would like any further information, email email@example.com or 07565 813 401.
- 2018-07-04 Level 1 Training Course planned for Oban in March 2018
- 2018-06-11 Scottish Badgers Jobs
- 2018-04-06 Scottish Badger Week Events Programme Launched
- 2018-03-17 Survey Cancellations
- 2018-03-04 Bitl Blog: Oot ‘n’ Aboot in South Lanarkshire in February
- 2018-02-27 Dates announced for Scottish Badger Week 2018
- 2018-02-23 Level One Registered Badger Worker Course planned for South Lanarkshire, Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th April 2018
- 2018-02-21 Comments on Scottish Government Wildlife Crime Report 2015-16 and subsequent evidence given to the Scottish Parliament Environment, Climate
- 2018-02-06 BitL Blog: Sett found, record submitted, job done?
- 2018-02-05 Annual Conference 2018